Thursday 28 April 2016

Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Alleged Harassment By Seniors

Bengaluru: A 57-year-senior manager with Canara Bank was Wednesday found hanging from a ceiling after performing puja around 1am.

Sudhindra Murthy working with the Canara Bank JP Nagar branch, stayed at Ragigudda, Jayanagar IX Block with wife Lakshmi S and daughters Soumya S and Divya S.
After the puja, Murthy locked himself in his bedroom before taking the extreme step, the police said.
Police recovered a suicide note in which Murthy accused how his seniors allegedly harassed him for not recovering loans.
Murthy wrote in the suicide note in Kannada, “I am harassed by seniors over loan recovery issues. Should I visit each loan holder’s house and beg for instalments? I should have been assistant general manager by now. But my seniors spiked my hopes of promotion saying I was not recovering loans properly.”
Murthy’s wife Lakshmi said, “My husband led a tense life; he would say loan recovery is eating into his happiness. He would get constant calls from his seniors, seeking explanations on loan recovery issues. The seniors would direct my husband to grant loans to persons recommended by them. But when it came to recovery, only my husband took the blame.”
An FIR in this regard has been registered against senior officers of Canara Bank for abetment of suicide, the police said.
“We are investigating the matter and will take appropriate action against whoever will be found guilty,” the police confirmed.
Source : https://www.tkbsen.in

No comments:

Post a Comment